Career Services and Placement Offices is one of the many departments in Bluefield State College’s Department of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management. This department provides students and graduates with employment information, arranges on-campus interviews with employers, and makes referrals for full-time, summer, and part-time jobs. Students may also receive assistance with interview skills and with letter and resume preparation. Students are encouraged to visit the Career Services and Placement Office located in Conley Hall on the 3rd floor. Schedule an appointment as soon as possible.
Prospective graduates are urged to register with the Placement Office one semester prior to graduation in order to take full advantage of job interview opportunities. Once a student is registered, an individual credential file is established, containing the students' resume, references, and transcript. Alumni who seek job referral services are required to register with the Placement Office annually and submit an updated resume and references.
Our hope is for you to...
- Actively engage you in the career development process.
- Know your values, interests, personality traits, and skills and apply then to your resume.
- Experience learning opportunities in career areas of interest with internships.
- Explore scholarship options.
- Avail resources to you for discovery, application, and selection in pursuit of opportunities.
- Project confidence and professionalism through written word, online presence, interview skills, and communications.
We do this by….